Senggigi is Lombok’s oldest and most famous resort area.
A perfect place to relax, Senggigi boasts a series of white sandy beaches and safe swimming areas. The point at central Senggigi has good waves for surfers. This place has a colourful reef which provides shelter to a variety of marine life and exquisitely shapped coral and makes it a perfect place to snorkle.
In the dry season, there is an interesting variety of boats moored in the bay. The town of Senggigi spreads out along nearly 10 kilometers of coastal road. This road continues north to Bangsal, the port for the Gili Islands.
There a lot of diverse range of hotel accommodations that you can choose to stay in Senggigi, from deluxe four-star resort properties to simple home-stays, Such as Holiday Inn, the Oberoi, Sheraton Senggigi, Melati Dua Cottage, Pool Villa Club, Panorama Cottage, and many more.
There are various foreign and local restaurants that offering international and local foods, cafes and entertainment venues. These all are available along the main Senggigi road and on certain areas along the beach.
- We need to remind you to equip yourself with sun protection. Also bring a bathing suit and extra clothing
- Several places rent mask-snorkel-fin sets, such as the beach near the Art Market or the Senggigi Beach Hotel
- Senggigi nightlife is low key when there are few tourists in town. It’s busier on Friday and Saturday, when young locals come up from the Mataram area
- Swimming off the beach is safe.
- You can also do some canoeing here in Senggigi.
- Visit Pura Batu Bolong on a rocky point south of Senggigi.
- There’s good snorkeling off the point and in the sheltered bay around the headland.