This temple is also known as Kendedes temple. It is a Hinduism-Buddhism temple built in 1300. Around the temple are two giant statues called Dwarapala, which are believed to be the guards of the palace. Singosari temple is made of red bricks, and beautiful reliefs were carved in its walls, picturing the golden days of Singosari Kingdom. The temple is presumed to be the place of dharma of the last Singosari King, Kertanegara, who died in 1292. In addition, it is believed that the construction of this temple was never finished.
Situated in Candirenggo Village, Singosari Sub-District, Malang District. It is located approximately 12 km from the city center. It could be reached by public transportation and go down at Singosari Market.
photo : panoramio.com